Sunday, February 15, 2015

Here I am.........

Hello!  I am new to blogging but I am not new to following blogs or being creative in the kitchen.  I have been creating clean fuel recipes for a very long time!  I keep hearing.....when are you gonna put out a cookbook, do you have a blog, where can I follow you.  Well, I am a busy mom.....soooooooo, I added it to my list. My list gets longer and longer but still no cookbook to talk about, no blog (until right now), no ebooks (coming soon) and I usually post all food pictures on Instagram and/or FB.

I am not strict w/ any kind of food or diet.  I am paleo, vegetarian, vegan, carnivore, GMO free and dairy free!  In other words......I am what you call an equal opportunity eater!  I will eat 'most' foods.  Some things I won't go near and mayonnaise is one of them!  You will never find mayonnaise on this blog.  Sorry if you find that offensive, I just can't stand the look, smell or sound of mayonnaise.  =]  But! I love egg whites and vinegar, that is another blog post.

Well, here is the start of Me and what I do 'In my spare time' between being a mom of 3, owning and running a CrossFit gym, being creative in the kitchen to find healthy recipes, and many other things that are on my list 'Of things to Do'!

Here is my FIRST blog post!  So exciting.......

This is a simple and easy dish to make for dinner when you are in a hurry.  In fact, I just made this the other day and didn't even start the crock pot until a little after 2pm!  And........it was done in time for dinner.  I never know what time we are going to eat dinner because of everyone's schedule.  It can be anytime from 5pm-9pm.  Yep.......we've eaten dinner at 9pm before.  What?!........That's not trendy?  It is in our house.  I hear you can only count half the calories you eat if you eat at 9pm.  (I am kidding!  Don't believe everything you read.)  =]

I call this dish Red Beans and Rice...


Here is the start of the crock pot...... everything goes in!


I served mine over brussel sprouts and bacon (who doesn't need more bacon in their life?).   I don't usually eat mine over rice but my kids will.  Ok 2 out of 3 of my kids will eat this dish.  I have one child who will not touch this dish.  All I can tell you is he is crazy and his palate just hasn't developed yet.  (That's my best guess with him).  =]


Final product!  It's so nice to walk in the door and have dinner done!  Trust me this does not happen all the time but on nights I don't work at the gym I will make a really good homemade meal.  If I am working late then I try to get a crock pot meal on for the kids and then everyone can eat as they are home and in between activities.  Enjoy~

What?

Ohhhhhh.....you want the recipe!  Got it......here it is.....

Red Beans and Rice:

2 can kidney beans not drained (or any bean you want)
1 small white onion diced
1 green pepper diced
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp Emeril Essence Spice 
1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp red wing hot sauce
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
6 slices of precooked bacon (I use the kirkland brand)
3 chicken sausages (or any kind you like)
3 Tbsp butter
2 garlic cloves crushed

Throw all ingredients in the crock pot and turn on low for about 4 -6 hours or on high for about 2-4 hours.  Serve over Rice, quinoa or even small pasta.

I served over brussel sprouts.

Brussel Sprouts:

I cut bottoms off sprouts then cut sprouts in half.  Spread on a baking sheet w/ a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of seasoned salt and a few slices of bacon.  Depends on how many sprouts you bake at 425 degrees for about 5-7 min.  I like my veggies still crunchy so bake longer if you want them softer.

Emeril Essence Spice:

2 1/2 Tbsp paprika
2 Tbps salt
2 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp black pepper
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp dried thyme
1 Tbsp oregano




1 comment: