Saturday, February 21, 2015

Brussel Sprouts

This is one of the easiest dishes around.  We make them all the time.  It is a love hate relationship for me (and my pour husband).....I love them when I eat them, and hate them later!  haha

Here is what you need.


I cut the bottoms off and cut them in half.  I have this thing with waisting food or items that can be used somewhere else.  I come from a large family and we used everything we could as kids.  So here are a few options you could do w/ these leftover ends.  
1. I have two pet Sulcata Tortoises so I can give them all my left over veggies.
2. you can throw them in the ground where you will have your garden.....or
3. compost!  My dad did this growing up and I thought it was so gross, I was certain I would never do this as an adult.  Wellllllllllll.......guess what?  We have a compost because we started doing a garden more seriously 2 years ago.  Never say never it will come to bite you in the brussel sprouts.  =]


Here are the sprouts all baked!  Aren't they pretty?  Can you see the leaves kind of brown and crunchy looking?  Those are the best.  The more leaves that fall off the better.  The more little brown crunchies you have.


Brussel Sprouts:

make what you will eat!  haha
1-2 lbs
wash, cut off ends, cut in half
drizzle w/ olive oil
sprinkle w/ season salt (or regular salt, I just like season salt)
Bake at 425 from anywhere between 7-11 min.  I like mine more crunchy so I am on the 7 min side but cook till you like your tenderness.

Lots of variations to these.  

Add bacon, cheese, lemon zest, craisins, slivered almonds, ect.  Enjoy~

VEGETARIAN
VEGAN
GLUTEN FREE
DAIRY FREE
PALEO

No comments:

Post a Comment