Thursday, May 14, 2015

Caesar Salad Burgers

My husband had been traveling for quite some time (too long for me).  When he gets home from traveling the last thing he wants to do is go out and eat and so I wanted to make a nice homemade meal for him.  I always rack my brain on what to make and just decided on an American meal of burgers and fries.


 When I make my patties I usually tear pieces of tin foil and stack them up.  Makes it super easy to make in advance and store in stacks on a plate in the fridge!

These burgers were going in the caesar salad directions so I actually stuffed them with parmesan cheese!  Duh, why wouldn't you stuff your burgers?  =]


You can use any cheese you want but parm goes well with caesar.  I literally shaved it on the patty and then added another patty on top.  These patties were very very thin so they cooked a bit faster and more evenly.  However you can make your burgers as thick as you'd like.


When I get cooking and I am in a hurry I sometimes forget to take pictures of food while cooking.  So I didn't get the burgers on the grill ........ BUT..... here is the finished product!


YUM!

I also used the burgers the next day as LEFTOVERS!


Caesar salad topped with a patty, grilled onions and a side of pickles.  Super yummy.


Recipe:

patties:
2 lbs meat (I used 1/2 ground hamburger and 1/2 turkey)
1 TBSP Franks hot sauce
1 TBSP dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
3/4 tsp pepper
2 TBSP worcestershire sauce 

Mix well.

salad:
1 head romaine cut into larger pieces
caesar dressing (I used Marzetti Simply dressed brand)

1. tear pieces of tin foil to put patties on
2. make very thin size patties about 4" big
3. fill with parmesan cheese and add a second patty
4. put on BBQ'er and cook till your likeness
5. set up condiments you like! and stack up burgers
6. My Burger stack had: burger, grilled onions, caesar salad, tomato, egg, bacon, pickle and a little mustard!  Bam

TIPS
1. add fries to oven before you do anything else!  That way they have time to cook.
2. if adding sautéed onions get those going after you get fries in.  Dice up 1-2 onions, get in a large skillet w/ some olive oil or butter, salt and pepper, and let cook for about 20-30 min on a low simmer.

PALEO: no bun, no cheese, use sweet potatoes as vessel here
GLUTEN FREE: gluten free buns
VEGETARIAN: use a meatless patty or a black bean patty (those are amazing!)
DAIRY FREE: no cheese, or dairy free friendly cheese
NUT FREE

No comments:

Post a Comment