Monday, May 4, 2015

Lemon Blueberry Cake

I really am not sure what to call this...... blueberry cake, or lemon blueberry blonde brownies..... that is too long of a name.  So I guess it's lemon blueberry cake.  It could even be a breakfast bar and it doubles as a dessert!

I was at the gym teaching and I was speaking to one of my members about non dairy, nut free, gluten free desserts.  She has a little neighbor friend who is allergic to nuts, diary and gluten...... poor thing.  It really does make things difficult when someone in your family has food allergies.  Anyway...... she had asked me to help her with some recipes so I sent her over my blonde brownies and she made them for her little neighbor and it was a hit.  So then we got talking about a new recipe and......BAM.... here is how the Lemon Blueberry cake was created!  I literally went home right after classes and made a test batch of these bad boys!  Then I made more and made more.  haha, I didn't eat them all I gave most away.  However I can eat a whole pan for sure!  =]



I didn't get a lot of pictures of this cake happening because it was too fast!  But here is the results and it is super delish!  Also it stems from my Blonde Brownie Recipe!  Yep!

So  you need to go to my Blond Brownie Recipe here

Receipt:


Then you add:
only 1 tsp vanilla + 1/4c juice of lemon
1 lemon zested
I would use white beans (unseasoned) instead of pinto

Omit:
cinnamon and nutmeg

After you blend in blender, spray pan, pour in mixture, then sprinkle on top 1c blueberries.  Then pop in oven!  Bake at 350 degrees for about 22-24 min.  You can top with the glaze or leave plain.  I did the glaze, duh! =]
Pour glaze on while cake is warm!

I did enjoy this cold!  So store if fridge if desired.

GLUTEN FREE
DIARY FREE
NUT FREE
VEGAN: without glaze
VEGETARIAN

No comments:

Post a Comment