Sunday, April 26, 2015

Greek Chicken

This recipe I got from my father in law.  He has some pretty amazing recipes but most are not healthy.  So I try to make them as healthy as I can.

This is one that isn't bad.  One of the best marinades there is and my whole family LOVES it!  I make this and make sure I have plenty of leftovers because it is so good.




It is best if you let this marinade for 2 days but 1 is great.  I have even gone as little as 6 hours.


The most tender chicken around!

I served mine over some of my coconut quinoa I have also served this over my zucchini orzo (but I haven't posted it yet).  Salads are good too.  Or tacos!  haha or just plain.

I will double this......

Recipe:

1/4c olive oil
1/4c white wine vinegar
1/4c lemon juice
1/2c marin
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 small onion, sliced thin
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried marjoram
1/2 tsp dried oregano
4 pepper corns or some pepper
8 juniper berries crushed
1/2c fresh cilantro
1 tbsp salt

1. combine all ingredients into a bowl or large tupperware with a lid.  Place chicken in marinade (I like to cut my chicken into cutlets).  Cover bowl and refrigerate.
2. Cook on BBQ'er (I have tried in a pan on stove top not the best).  Cook on Medium low heat, Only turn chicken once (not over and over again)

TIPS
I have also marinaded salmon with this and it is amazing!  The salmon I have only marinaded for several hours before cooking.

PALEO: if the liquids don't bother you then marinade it up!
NUT FREE
DAIRY FREE
GLUTEN FREE

No comments:

Post a Comment