Monday, April 13, 2015

Ranch dip

I have mentioned this before and any of you that know me..... know that I cannot stand an any shape or form..... mayonnaise!  Ewe!  That is gross even just typing out that word.

Because my family does enjoy ranch and I need to have it in the house I needed a ranch that I could stand having in the house.  Yes, yes, I do buy the other crap on occasion when I don't have the other 'ranch' made.  In small doses it isn't all that bad.  I won't go anywhere near it.



Here are the main components for the ranch.  You can certainly use your choice of mixes, either cottage cheese or yogurt.  Both are great and both have good amounts of protein (which is the best!  And you can actually drowned your food if you wish!)  =]

You are welcome to use an emulsifier which is great is small quantities otherwise a blender is best.  However, a Vitamix will over mix the dressing and actually make it more runny than you want so I don't recommend that blender.  I use a Kitchenaid.  This is my favorite.



I prefer cottage cheese though myself........ AND.... my very picky son did a taste test for me!


Can I tell you which one he picked?  Yep!  He picked the cottage cheese dip as his favorite.  He didn't want to know because he doesn't care for cottage cheese ...... but he does actually!  haha

I have taken this to many parties and nobody even notices the difference or that they are eating a healthy dip.  Try it and see what happens.

This dip you can actually let your kids eat as much of this as they want.

Recipe:

1 - 24oz  container of either cottage cheese or greek yogurt
1 packet of Ranch Dip mix.  (I usually use the 'Ranch' flavor but tried the dill, and it was so good!)

1. empty contents into your blender and mix well.  Usually takes about 3 min.  Scrap sides and blend again for a few seconds.
2.  Do not add milk unless you want a more of a dressing, which is also great.  I have done that too.

TIP:  Do you enjoy blue cheese but don't like all the calories?  I do too!  Well guess what, you can make blue cheese too with either the cottage cheese or yogurt.  Just add 1 Tbsp per 12 oz.  If you se desire a little more you can add more but 1 tbsp usually does it for me.  =]  Then you can sprinkle a little bit of blue cheese on top of whatever you are eating.

I love making wedge salads (I haven't posted it yet but I will), I use this blue cheese to top it!  Then I can eat as much as I want.  =]

VEGETARIAN
NUT FREE
GLUTEN FREE
PALEO: You can use your Paleo friendly mayo for this mix.
DIARY FREE:  You could substitute for hummus and try that.  I haven't but I bet it is good.  


No comments:

Post a Comment