Saturday, April 11, 2015

Sweet Potato Dinner

I was really hungry one day and needed food!  Does that ever happen to you, where you are just so hungry you don't know what to make?  But, at the same time you want to be careful with what you decide to inhale.  This is me most of the time!  haha

I had a few ingredients laying around and I just decided to throw them into one dish to see what I got.
(I hate when my pics are turned the wrong way!)



I had 1 some veggies so I just used them all.

This is what I got.  It was simple but very tasty.




Recipe:

1 white sweet potato grated
1/2 sweet onion
8-10 mushrooms
1 red pepper
1 clove garlic

1. heat pan to med heat, drizzle with olive oil and add onion, pinch or two of salt and pepper.  The tip to good seasoned food is seasoning with salt and pepper as you go!  Let cook for about 5-7 min until soft.
2. Then add garlic and sweet potato, more salt and pepper.  Let cook for about 7-9 min
3. Then add red pepper and mushrooms, more pepper.  Give a pinch or two of seasoned salt here.
4. Let cook for several more min and then top with a handful of cilantro.  If you don't like cilantro don't use it.  I love it so I put it on just about everything.

PALEO: You could add any meat to this you wanted.
VEGETARIAN
VEGAN
GLUTEN FREE
DAIRY FREE

No comments:

Post a Comment