Saturday, April 11, 2015

Blonde Brownies

I have a black bean recipe that I have been making for awhile and really worked on perfecting the recipe for several months baking batch after batch after batch.  And.......yes, I ate them all by myself!  I am not ashamed.  haha!  They were so good, and pretty darn healthy too if I do say so myself.  (Ok, I do not recommend making pans of the brownies and eating them all by yourself.)

No, I haven't posted the black bean brownie recipe yet but I will!  Don't worry.  I can't post everything at once.


 This what your blender will look like.  I like my Kitchenaid.  I did try another brand and it broke 3 times in 10 months so I was out on those.  You do need a powerful blender so if you don't have one get one!


I usually make a 8x8 pan or use a pie plate for this recipe but I was taking some to a few different peeps so I made muffins.  All was good in the hood!  haha.  Oh, sorry, that means it turned out.  =]


You then get these amazing little cups of awesomenss (yes, that is a word actually!) that you can't stop eating!

Recipe: 

1 can white beans or pinto beans drained and rinsed
1/3 c + 1 TBSP pure maple syrup
1/4 c melted coconut oil
2 TBSP unfiltered honey (soft not necessarily melted)
2 tsp vanilla (I use homemade)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 scoops vanilla protein
1/4 c quick oats
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
1 TBSP ground flax

Add all liquids to the blender first then add all other remaining ingredients.  Blend till smooth for about 3-4 min.  Scrap sides down if needed and blend again for another few seconds.

Bake at 350 degrees in pie plate, 8x8 pan, or muffins.  Spray pans first then add mixture.  Pie plate and 8x8 dish is about 21-24 min long baking time, muffins are about 14-16 min long.  All ovens are different so cooking time will vary.

TIP:  Spray your muffin cups before you fill!  This helps any mixture from sticking.  
I have used both types of beans and they are both amazing.  I do recommend getting the unseasoned white beans though!  Watch out for that.  Don't get the seasoned beans.
If your mixture has trouble blending add 1 tbsp of water at a time if needed.

For an amazing glaze:
In a medium sauce pan melt 3/4 stick butter (about 6 TBSP)
1 1/4 c powder sugar
2 tsp milk
Add only after you are done 1 tsp vanilla

Bring mixture to a boil for 1 min and then turn off.  Wait several min then add vanilla.

Top muffins or pan with as little or as much glaze as you want as soon as they come out of the oven!  This will let the glaze soak in right away.  I only use about half of this mixture of glaze so save the rest for another day.

PALEO: no sorry.  unless you are 80/20. =]
VEGAN: don't use glaze or use a vegan friendly galze
VEGETARIAN
DAIRY FREE: use diary free butter or ghee and you can use almond milk instead.
GLUTEN FREE
NUT FREE



No comments:

Post a Comment