Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Cheese burger sliders

Everybody makes cheese burgers!  It's so American ..... how can you not, right?!  Well, I haven't cooked much lately, there has been a lot going on.  My husband has been traveling for work, I have been working a lot at the gym, which just leaves my boys at home and they are content to have cereal or quesadillas.

Well, I was working this night too!  But I was starving, my one son was headed from soccer and my other son was at work still and soon to be home.  I didn't want to stop and get food, I wanted a homemade meal.  So, as I was driving the 8 min from my gym to my house I had to think quick.  I am lucky enough to have a supermarket right on the way home.  I made a last minute decision to stop and get a few things for dinner......and..... I decided on the burgers ......but smaller.  Sliders!


 BAM!!!!

The best part is these are fast and easy to make and then eat!  =]

As I walked in the door my youngest son (my pickiest eater) was just finishing a bowl of cereal (see told ya, totally content) and says to me (before I even say anything), I just had one bowl, what are you making!  haha  He wanted food too I guess.

Cheese burgers I say, go turn the grill on.  So he does.  As I prep everything (literally as fast as I could, I was basically fixing dinner for time!)  Done!  post my score.  haha  (CrossFitters get me)

Anyway, my son actually cooked everything, I just prepped.  Everything turned out great.


Make some skinny sliced sweet potato buns


The sweet potatoes held together well as you can see!  No mess, it was so good.

All of dinner!  Sweet potato buns and chips, some watermelon, and little burger sliders.

PLUS..........

LEFTOVERS...........


This is what you can get (even on this fancy paper china) when you have leftovers!  Love leftovers.  I grew up on leftovers.  I grilled up some delicious wheat bread, added my leftover patties, avocado, tomato and lettuce!  So good.


Recipe:

1/2-1 lb meat
A1 sauce (yep)
seasoned salt

sweet potato (I use the white ones, I like them better)
-or- buns (I used little rolls for my boys)

condiments:
(really any that you like best)
lettuce
bacon (duh)
tomatoes
pickles
avocados

1. turn on BBQ'er =]
2. Make small patties and add a small amount of A1 sauce and a pinch of seasoned salt to each side of pattie.  And slice your sweet potato into small discs.  Drizzle with olive oil and a little garlic salt.
3. BBQ them!  While they cook (have someone watching them)  and add sweet potatoes too.
4. When done assemble and eat!

TIP: I was in a hurry so I put my sweet potato slices in the microwave for 45 seconds, flipped them all over and did it again.  I did it 3 times.  It was perfect for me and then they cook up much faster on the grill.

PALEO:  You can take off A1 if it bothers you and don't add cheese.
VEGETARIAN:  don't use meat, use meat substitute or use all veggies!
VEGAN:  no meat, use all veggies, I would add mushrooms for sure and even egg plant (skinned)
GLUTEN FREE
DAIRY FREE: no cheese or use diary free friendly cheese
NUT FREE

No comments:

Post a Comment