Thursday, March 12, 2015

Egg Muffins

This is a super easy dish and I have been making them for yearssssssss.  They are great and not just for breakfast but lunch, dinner or even snacks!  They are the best for snacks.

Lots of variations for these.


Great for using lots of leftover veggies sitting around!  =]


I love to eat these as snacks, even cold.  Yes cold!  I also top them with salsa of any kind, and cilantro!  I will eat cilantro on everything.  What.....I will.  =]

Tip:  Easier to remove if you let them sit and cool!  They tend to fall apart if you try to remove them warm, so just be a little patient here.

========================================================================

I MADE A FEW CHANGES TO THE EGG MUFFINS:

========================================================================


I lined the pan with tin foil to help avoid sticking.  spray pan and tin foil.  It helps



If you want to make multiple kinds just do a few eggs at a time and then pour into muffin pan and make another batch of whatever!  I just did this.   Make my kids ham and cheese.  I had veggie and bacon.


If you have ever found cutting up bacon hard, try scissors next time.  They are helpful.  (also use them to cut chicken! )




 They peel out easy.  =]

What you need:

6-8 eggs
3/4 C. coconut milk (or regular milk here)
1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper

then add any veggies or meats you'd like.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 12-15 min.  

green onion
onions
green pepper
ham
morning star sausages (for vegetarian)
sausage
bacon
spinach
cilantro
zucchini
squash
cheese 
ect........

VEGETARIAN - do not add meat, use meat substitute like Morning Star, also a little liquid smoke works here for that bacon flavor, vegetarian friendly cheese or no cheese.

PALEO- super paleo friendly.  No cheese!  =]

GLUTEN FREE

No comments:

Post a Comment