Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Morning Start Juice

I am a juicer!  No....... not that kind of juicing.  Take it easy.  I got a juicer forever ago and love juicing.  I do so many different kinds and I am excited to share some with you.  If you don't have a juicer, call your parents!  haha  Most parents buy juicers and then store them because they don't know what to do with them but at one point they were trendy (still trendy to me).  Ask a neighbor or check KSL.  My sister got a juicer barley used on KSL or just go to Bed Bath and Beyond and use your coupons!  You can also check Amazon.

Sometimes I don't want to eat in the morning but you need something especially for a busy day hits you.  I teach at my CrossFit gym everyday so I need something in my system and when I am not eating a banana or oatmeal I am having a juice.  I start my day with my Morning juice.

With a juicer you can get this......



Shut up!  Look at all that goodness.  Yum!  It's like drinking a refreshing salad.  (not the best pic kinda blurry but you get the idea.)

This is one of my favorite juices.  I will drink 1 juice a day for sure, sometimes 2!  One of the best things is that you can add 2 scoops of vanilla protein to this baby.  Yep, double whammy.   (Wait, that is Press Your Luck!)  haha  Who remembers that?

Recipe:

2 apples
6 large celery stalks (rinsed)
1/2 cucumber
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice

- should make about 2 c of juice or just shy.  If your veggies and fruit are smaller juice another 1/4 cucumber,  1 more celery stalk and/or 1/2 apple.  You want pretty close to 2 c.  

In a blender I blend 4-5 cups Kale w/ 3/4c orange juice, naked juice or water.  I don't usually juice leafy greens because you don't get much out of it.  So I puree it and add it to all my juices.





You basically want to fill your blender add the liquid and push it down before you blend.  Blend for about 3-4 min till smooth.  After each juice that I make I add 1/2c of kale puree to each juice. (sometimes a little more). 

VEGAN
PALEO
VEGETARIAN
DAIRY FREE
GLUTEN FREE

Enjoy, go get juicing......


No comments:

Post a Comment