Sunday, March 15, 2015

Kitchen Must Haves......

A kitchen doesn't need to have a lot of items in it (but if it does.... it's a win win...) but I do have a list of kitchen must haves that you need and it makes cooking a little easier too.  =]



What's in my kitchen:



These are not the top of the line items that are out there but they WORK great and I love them.  So find what you like brand wise and get it.  I have had some of the more expensive brands and they don't always do the job (for me anyway).

I like having multiple cutting boards.  You really need them.  I use one for raw proteins, one for veggies and one for everything else.

I also love the Komachi knives you can get at Costco.  Why?  Ohhhhh, because they are super inexpensive, sharp and just amazing.  You can go get the very expensive ones if you want but these work so great.  I am not a chef and I do not have the very expensive kind so I guess I am happy with these.  But get yourself some good knives that cut well.

I also love my kitchen scissors!  They are great for cutting food, mine only get used on food.  I love how they come apart to clean them.  Get a pair if you don't have any.

A good can opener is also needed.  I have tried so many different kinds and this is by far the best yet, KichenAid, target, on sale!  Bam!  You can't go wrong with that.  They are smooth and work great.  I have used electric, even the no edge kind, and other regular expensive can openers and none of them have worked well and in fact they have all broken!  So this pair is works great.


What is this you ask?  A garbage bowl.  Also needed!  Yes, this is the Rachael Ray garbage bowl.  You do not need her bowl in particular but you do need to break a bowl out while you cook to put all your garbage in so you are not running to the sink or trash can.  If it needs to be recycled, rinse it and recycle it!  Otherwise use a garbage bowl.  You will love it.  I usually have 2 out, 1 for my food, and 1 for the trash.  I put the food one in my compost for my garden.  All my cans and any other items that can be recycled I recycle.


No comments:

Post a Comment